PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, better known as PUBG by all, kicked off the battle royale phenomenon earlier last year and has been all the rage ever since. It has made its way to our smartphones in the form of PUBG Mobile, followed by the launch of a slimmed-down variant called PUBG Mobile Lite as well. However, it seems like the gaming giant is looking to expand the game’s availability to more users around the world, which is why it has now launched a lightweight variant of their PC title – PUBG Lite.
What is PUBG Lite?
As the name tells you, PUBG Lite is a lightweight and slimmed-down version of the popular battle royale game – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds that’s capable of running on PCs with less powerful hardware. It was first launched back in October last year as PUBG Project Thai and was available solely in, well, Thailand for testing – that too on an invite-only basis.
To Download PUBG Lite on Your PC: Click Here
Steps to Install PUBG Lite on Your PC
Step 1: Get Ultra Surfer software
To Download Ultra Surfer: Click Here
Moving on to the installation part, there’s one important thing you need to have in mind before you go ahead with the process. PUBG Lite (Beta) is only available in Thailand right now, so you would need a ultra sufer to log in and play the game.
We all know that all VPN softwares are only downloaded through purchasing. But in case of Ultra surfer it is a free VPN software which does not require more space and does not need high requirements.
Step 2: Install PUBG Lite for PC
You now have the PUBG Lite Launcher and VPN software available to you. The next step involves downloading the game itself and oh boy, it’s a long and tiring process. Here are the steps you need to follow to download PUBG Lite on your PC:
1. Open the Ultra surfer, switch to the Thailand server and start the service.
2. Now, if you’ve installed the PUBG Lite Launcher we had downloaded above, then open the same and you will be asked to log in with your PUBG ID. Don’t be intimidated by the Thai text, simply use the ID and password you had created before to log into the launcher.
3. Once you’ve logged in, the launcher will open and you will notice a huge orange button at the bottom left. It reads install (translated from Thai) and you need to click it to start downloading PUBG Lite on your PC. The file size is around 1.9GB and since you will be using a VPN, it can easily take a couple of hours depending on your speed.
Note: There’s an option to change the language to English at the top right, but it doesn’t seem to be working for most. You could, however, click on the drop-down at the far right top to see if you can switch the language.
4. Once the download is complete, just close the launcher. Yeah, close the PUBG launcher for now and I’ll tell you when to fire it up again.
Steps to Play PUBG Lite on Your PC
You may have downloaded PUBG Lite on your Windows PC, but we are still not ready to start playing the game just yet. If you try to play this lightweight variant of PUBG right away, the game will open but you’ll encounter a “Not yet available in your region” error. This is because the game is restricted to Thailand and it takes into account your system location, as well as timezone while initializing.
However, there’s an easy way to avoid the error by tweaking the Windows settings. So, let’s take a look at how to do just that:
1. First, you need to change the default location of your Windows PC. Assuming you are using Windows 10, navigate to ‘Settings -> Privacy’ and then ‘Location’ under the App Permissions section.
2. Now click on the ‘Set default’ button under the ‘Default Location’ option to change the location.
3. You will need to search for ‘Bangkok city, Thailand’ in the text box on the pop-up map, select the said location, and then click on the ‘Change’ button to modify the default location to Thailand.
4. After setting your default location to Bangkok, you need to set your PC’s time zone to the same location. So, navigate to ‘Settings -> Date & time’ and change the time zone to ‘(UTC+7:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta’ from the drop-down menu.
5. Well, that’s all the steps you need to follow to start playing PUBG Lite on PC. Now, just power up that ultra surfer, log into the launcher, and tap the orange button at the bottom left to see the game power up. Enjoy! Hope you get that Chicken Dinner!