- 3/4cup granulated sugar
- 3/4cup packed brown sugar
- 1cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1large egg
- 2 1/4cups all-purpose flour*
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
In large bowl, beat sugars, butter, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.