- Xiaomi will be launching a new smartphone on December 24
- The Mi Play will have a waterdrop notch
- The Mi Play will reportedly come in 10 colour options
Mi Play specifications
Besides the pictures and teasers of the phone, almost all the key specs of the Mi Play have been leaked online. Rumours and leaks suggest that the Xiaomi Mi Play will come with a 5.84-inch full-HD+ display paired with screen resolution of 1080×2280 pixels and aspect ratio of 19:9. The real life pictures leaked of the Mi Play show that the phone will come with dual cameras on the back and include a single sensor on the front panel which will sit inside the tiny notch. The Mi Play is expected to sport a 12-megapxiel main sensor on the rear panel while on the front the phone is said to include an 8-megapixel sensor. The megapixel count of the secondary sensor on the back hasn’t been revealed yet. Right below the dual camera setup on the back will be the fingerprint sensor which will help in unlocking the phone with just a finger touch.
Mi Play expected price
The pricing of this Xiaomi Mi Play is still a secret. But considering this phone could be a competitor to the Honor Play, Xiaomi could price it somewhere around Rs 20,000. The Honor Play retails for a starting price of Rs 19,999 in India. Also, as of now, there’s no information if the Xiaomi Play phone will head to India after launching in China.
- Last week Mi Play had made its first unofficial appearance on the web. The smartphone was then said to launch with free 10GB data per month along with free internet access for one year. The phone was also spotted on China’s TENAA certification website. Listed as Redmi Note 7 Pro, the smartphone features a 5.84-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ curved glass display
- According to the listing, Redmi Note 7 Pro aka Mi Play runs on an octa-core processor with up to 4GB of RAM, 12-megapixel dual-rear camera with LED flash, 8-megapixel front-facing camera, and 3,000mAh battery.