PUBG Mobile, which has become one of the most popular online smartphone games ever, is getting another massive update which brings the much-awaited PUBG Vikendi Snow Map to the platform. The new Vikendi Snow Map won’t just be limited to PUBG Mobile as the fourth map for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds will also be available on other platforms such as PC, XBox One and PlayStation 4.
For the unknown, PUBG Mobile was taken offline on December 17 for maintenance and while the PUBG servers are coming online, the new PUBG Mobile version has been made available on Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store starting from today i.e. December 18, 2018. For all those who update their respective PUBG Mobile version will get Outfit Box III (7d) x1 and 1,888 BP.
PUBG Vikendi Snow Map: New features
The PUBG Vikendi Snow Map is a 6km x 6km map which comes with a new snow whether mode, new layout for players with large hands, Snowball Fight for Vikendi’s Spawn Island while waiting for taking the flight, a snowmobile, and a display for Crew Challenge winners on Erangel’s Spawn Island. Moreover, a snow theme in the main menu has been added for collecting bells from all Classic mode matches as well as exchanging them for rewards at the event center.
PUBG Vikendi Snow Map: New weapons, snowmobile and more features.
- Vikendi exclusive additions such as G36C Assault Rifle (instead of SCAR on Vikendi) and the Snowmobile to navigate its icy terrain.
- New Parachuting system to glide or dive during freefall, improved animations and cut your chute before hitting the ground.
- Players will be able to throw snowballs while waiting in the starting area to board the plane.
- Vehicles will be more slippery in snow and icy areas. Acceleration on icy terrain will be slow while you will lose vehicle control as you speed up.
- Footprints and vehicle tracks will be visible in PUBG Vikendi Snow Map as players travel in snowy areas which will help in identifying whether enemies have passed by recently.
- These footprints and tracks won’t stay around forever.
- The center of the red zone will spawn outside of the play zone and the smaller the play zone, the smaller will be the red zone.
- The first circle of every game will be smaller than other maps, however, subsequent circle sizes change will be less drastic on the PUBG Vikendi Snow Map. This will result in more blue zone variety as well as unique experiences.
- The official Survivor Pass on Vikendi microsite will be available starting from December 19, 2018, while it will launch on live servers. The duration of the pass will be 10 weeks.
- The Snowmobile will be available in the PUBG Vikendi snow map and it will feature two seats while its performance will be much better than other vehicles on snow or icy surface
The Settings menu now also lets users tackle the notched displays on their smartphones with an in-game option. Players can adjust the UI elements on the screen in three different settings – a normal one of conventional 16:9 displays, a “Rounded Corners” setting for the new 18:9 displays with curved edges and the “Notched” settings that makes sure the elements don’t get hidden under the notch while playing the game.
As of now, the developers haven’t announced as to when the Vikendi map will be available for playing, That said, the game will be rewarding players who update it before 25th December 2018. Those who update will get 1,888 BP points and the Outfit Box 3 as rewards.